miercuri, 1 decembrie 2010

"Would you date someone with HIV?"

"No, I don't date sluts". This would be the most common answer or at least the first thought heard. Another common reaction would be: "If you have not been a slut, this would not have happened".

People with HIV/AIDS are abandoned and kept apart from the society, because of this new "label" - HIV Positive. This is happening due to our FEAR of this virus, but the worst part is because of our lack of knowledge that breeds to ignorance, indifference and isolation of HIV Positive People from the rest of the world.



Today is December 1st - World AIDS Day.  This day is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection. It is common to hold memorials to honor persons who have died from HIV/AIDS on this day.

Sometimes I wonder how I would react knowing a person that is HIV Positive. Of course I think that my reaction would be OK, because I know a lot about this infection, but sometimes the reaction faced when you meet the person might be different.

And if I would meet my partner and he would be HIV Positive, I would like to say: "I'm scared, but I like you and let's see what happens".

This is a story that worth watching: "I share my story, not out of pride, nor shame, but because it's real."



"IMPACT Red: Conversation > Awareness > Change"

Un comentariu:

Vlad spunea...

I definitly would, coz love doesn't have bondaries or cannot be planned, like we can do 'bout studies or a carrier for instance. it just happens and it doesn't ask u. it could happen to everyone.

of course there're some things to consider - like u can't have unprotected sex with your positive partner or that he has to visit his doctor once in a while.

but, do all these things make u so imposible to be with a positive guy/women?! don't think so.. it's just different and difference makes life more interestin'..

Trimiteți un comentariu